I can remember it like it was just yesterday! My first day in middle school was quite an adventure especially when I met Amanda Valencia. I thought she and I were going to be best friends, but I was completely wrong. She was the most conniving girl I had ever met. Everyday she had someway to put me down. She did not like me very much and I was not sure why. There is one week in particular that I remember the most. In that week I met this new guy named Christopher Esqueda, he was the cutest guy I had ever met. Well at least that’s what I felt at the time. He dressed very proper and had the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. What made me like him even more was the fact that he told his guy friends that I was one of the prettiest girls he had ever met. Amanda heard was told what he thought about me, and she was going to let me good about it. Amanda wanted everything that made me happy because she hated that I new my flaws.
The way Amanda ruined my dream was by telling him lies about me, and she even made him believe I was spreading rumors about him. When all along it was her spreading rumors about him saying it was me. He hated me, and thought I was the meanest girl he had met. Amanda was not satisfied enough so she asked him to be her boyfriend. It was not because she liked him but because she wanted to see me to suffer. She even told me so herself , “ I do not even like him, I just don’t want him to be with you especially because your ugly: pretty boys do not date ugly girls like you”. That day was one of the first day she had ever made me cry because I really did feel as if I was ugly. She had took what I liked.
Once I got home that day I shared my experience with my sister and she told me, “Don’t get sad, get even”. When I returned to school the next morning, I told her I was not going to let her put me down anymore or take what I wanted. But once again Amanda managed to put me down. She told me that my Baby Phat clothes were out of fashion and that I needed to get with the program; meaning that I wasn’t in style. When I went home that night I told my mom that I needed to go shopping because there was this boy and I needed to look cute for him. She gave me a big lecture on how you are not suppose to change who you are for anyone, and that if people like you they’re going to like you how you are.
So that next Friday morning, I asked him why he didn’t like me and he told me that Amanda had told him that I had said mean things about him. Of course everything was a lie and I explained to him how Amanda liked to make my life miserable and would do anything to make me suffer. Soon after we finished talking, he looked for Amanda and asked her why she had lied. Amanda denied ever lying, but of course he didn’t believe her. That same day we shared how we felt about each other and became good friends. Soon after we created something more than just a friendship he called me his “girlfriend” and I called him my “boyfriend”. As for Amanda, she ended up moving to a different school during the seventh grade so I never had to see her again. I was glad because there was no one there to put me down anymore.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment